Dear Member or Friend of CREW Greater Philadelphia,
Over the last six years, 2016-2021, CREW Greater Philadelphia has continued to grow our membership, programming and impact in large part because of the commitment of our sponsors.
During this period, our number of sponsors has increased 25% along with a 79% increase in financial support of CREW Greater Philadelphia. Reviewing these statistics, it was exciting to learn that we continue to gain new sponsors each year. Additionally, many of our sponsors have supported CREW Greater Philadelphia for many years and as we have developed as a chapter, increased their support. Our takeaway is that the impact and reach of CREW Network and CREW Greater Philadelphia makes a difference, which encourages and supports their investment.
Effectively, our sponsors are our stakeholders. They are organizations and people with a sincere interest in our mission, advancing the success of women in commercial real estate. Our chapter values this relationship and understands that when an investment is made, there is typically an expected return and/or benefit. I believe if you speak to any of our sponsor companies, each will share their own “why I support CREW” story, but underpinning most of them is likely to include:
- Creates a dynamic and supportive environment that promotes career advancement through knowledge sharing and networking.
- Creates opportunities for member-to-member business through CREW’s multidisciplinary membership and national network.
- Pushes commercial real estate thought leadership through provocative dialogue among peers drawn from every discipline in the industry.
- Provides educational programs, exclusive “members only” events, tours of iconic buildings, and developments which enhance market knowledge.
- Encourages members to be a force for activism and involvement in our community.
- Leads Industry research that delivers critical data and action items to advance women in commercial real estate and positively impact the industry.
- Advances diversity, equity and inclusion in commercial real estate though its programming, research and membership
- Provides an opportunity for leadership development
- Supports and encourages the interest of women and underrepresented people in commercial real estate, though scholarships, programming and support of a philanthropic partner.
If you are reading this note, you are a friend of CREW Greater Philadelphia. As such, for those that are already members or sponsors, we are excited to continue to connect and partner with you into 2022. All others, we want you to be a stakeholder to work with us to advance the trajectory of women in commercial real estate. Thank you for the support and we welcome you to join our chapter as a member or sponsor and be in “our CREW”.
Wishing you, your firm, friends and family a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.
Carol Horne Penn
2021 President, CREW Greater Philadelphia