Now that CRE in our area is starting to open to more than essential workers, there is a necessary shift in how space is shown to clients. CREW member, Anne Klein, Executive Managing Director of Newmark Knight Frank, recently resumed in-person showings, and offers these tips for a successful and healthy interaction:
- Let your client know in advance how the visit will be handled. This allows everyone to come prepared and also demonstrates how you value your client.
- Ask everyone to bring and wear a mask and, of course, wear one yourself. You may also want to have extra masks in your car in case needed.
- Except for actually walking through the space, conduct all other interactions outside. While socially distant you can discuss property information and any other items.
- Remain socially distant inside the space. Minimize as much as possible physical touchpoints such as door handles.
- Have hand sanitizer/wipes with you to share with your clients and use them as frequently as needed.
- And Ladies...wear your heels if you want! It makes me feel somewhat normal again!!